Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

THANK YOU!

Today's card share has a special meaning to me because any military-related art that I create causes me to get quite teary-eyed.  My son-in-law is on active duty with the Army, and he is currently stationed at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center (WRAMC) in the Wounded Warrior Brigade.  Also at WRAMC is a particular soldier and his active-duty wife who have really looked out for my son-in-law and daughter.  We learned recently that the soldier is leaving that area and will most likely be deployed to Afghanistan.  God bless them all!

 
My son-in-law requested that I create a "Thank You" card that he could give to the soldier and his wife before their departure.  My son-in-law wants to let them know just how grateful he and my daughter are for their abundant kindness.  Thus, this is the card I created.

Because the card is for a male and female, I tried to make it gender-neutral.

Thinking about being grateful for the kindness of others, I thought that, although it is unavailable now, the Day of Gratitude stamp set would work well for the purpose of this card.  Additionally, since the U.S. military uses medallions for various purposes, I thought that the medallion stamp seemed very appropriate.  The "Thank You" sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! Curly Cute stamp set.  The sentiment was created using the Modern Label PunchModern Label Punch Window, Night of Navy Marker, and Crystal Effects.

Besides the medallion, the center of the card was created using the Stampin' Up! 2-1/2" Circle Punch (bottom layer) and the 3" Circle (middle layer) and 3-1/2" Circle Dies (top layer).

Night of Navy card stock was used for the card base.  The top three layers were made using Tempting Turquoise card stock and the Regals (Night of Navy) and Subtles (Wild Wasabi) Collections Designer Series Paper.  The lovely Brights Glimmer Brads (Old Olive) were used for embellishment.  Enjoy and come back!


God's Blessings!
Guneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Florida

guneauxdesignsbybeverlypolen.blogspot.com
guneauxdesignsbybeverlypolen.stampinup.com

FIRM RELIANCE ON DEVINE PROVIDENCE!

1 comment: