Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stampin' Up! Greeting Card - Land of the Free & Service and Sacrifice

I made this Stampin' Up! Greeting Card to thank my son-in-law for his outstanding military service. Today is the official effective date of his military, medical retirement.  My son-in-law was deployed three times, injured in Iraq, and incurred many "scars" as a result.  I am very grateful for the sacrifices he made for my freedom!

Our family is so blessed to have him home and away from the Walter Reed Army Medical Center (WRAMC) where his treatment was such that no soldier should have to endure.  If a soldier is placed in the WRAMC's Wounded Warrior Brigade (WWB) and not missing a limb, he/she is considered worthless and treated accordingly.  Unfortunately, this is his story as it is for so many other WRAMC WWB soldiers!  Praise God for this day and for bringing him home and away from horrible experiences. Now it's time for his healing!  Prayers for him would be greatly appreciated!


I made this card, which is a hybrid, with Pacific Point, Whisper White, and Real Red Card Stock. The top sentiment is the Land of the Free Stamp in the Summer Mini Catalog.  The corners of the card stock were punched with a non-SU punch.  The frame at the bottom is from My Digital Studio, Framed with Love, and it is embellished with Gold Brads.  The sentiment in the frame is from the Service and Sacrifice Stamp Set.  I used the Stampin' Up! Biz XL Tasteful Trim Die to make the blue and white "strips" that go down the card front.

I made my flag pole with Brushed Gold Card Stock and the Jewelry Tag Punch. Did you know you could create a LONG Jewelry Tag with the punch?  Finally, I used floss for my cord on the pole.

Purchase the products used for this card by placing your cursor over the product name and left click. You'll be taken directly to the Stampin' Up! item for purchase.

God's Blessings!
Guneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Florida



FIRM RELIANCE ON DIVINE PROVIDENCE!

Enjoy making greeting cards with Stampin' Up! products!

No comments: