Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stampin' Up! Blossom Box and Tips for Cutting

Wow!  Have you tried to assemble the Stampin' Up! Blossom Box yet?  My first one went together quite well, but then the next ones were somewhat of a struggle for me.  However, I managed, as I'm sure you will, to assemble them, and here they are:


FRONT VIEW


TOP VIEW

I think they turned out beautifully.  What do you think?  Can you image receiving one of these from your husband or boyfriend with a ring inside?  Or maybe a necklace and/or bracelet from a friend or family member?  I think they would be so cute for that.

I glued the tops down so I could embellish the boxes with pieces cut with the Stampin' Up! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die,  Flower, Daisies #2 Bigz Die, Island Floral Bigz Die, and Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die.  I love the Stampin' Up! Big Shot Dies!  I hope you have them all to create beautiful art!  If not, click on these links and they will take you directly to the product on-line for you to buy.

Would you like some Tips for Using the Stampin' Up! Blossom Bigz Die?  Let me provide some.

TIP 1.  The most important thing about the TWO pieces that you cut with the Die is to ensure you have well-defined creases/folds.  If you don't, you'll find it difficult to fold and assemble.

TIP 2.  Because Designer Series Papers (DSP) are thinner than the Stampin' Up! Cardstock, they will crease better, making it easier to fold.  However, handling the DSP while making the many folds seems to cause the folds to fray somewhat, leaving the white part of the paper showing (or at least this happened for me).  I found the cardstock to work better, although it takes more effort to fold.  

TIP 3.  If your creases don't show up well on cardstock after cutting, you can cut the pieces one of two ways (there may be others):

1) place a thin piece of paper on top of your Big Shot sandwich to provide a bit more pressure when cutting the pieces, or
2) run the sandwich through the Big Shot about three times (that worked well for me). 

If you follow 2), don't remove the sandwich from the Big Shot; roll it though to the end and then roll it back, etc.  And don't put an extra piece of cardstock on top of the sandwich or your creases will be cuts instead of creases (or at least that happened to me).  

Have great fun making yours!

God's Blessings!
Guneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in FL

FIRM RELIANCE ON DIVINE PROVIDENCE!

ENJOY MAKING STAMPIN' UP! GREETING CARDS!

1 comment:

Kris McIntosh said...

Your boxes are beautiful. I'm sure the extra effort will be appreciated for a long time to come.