Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Stampin' Up! Autumn Splender

Thanks so much for stopping in to browse my Stampin' Up! greeting cards and other paper crafts.  You may have noticed that I've not posted any projects for several weeks.  There was a family tragedy that took all of my time; therefore, I was unable to complete a project for posting.  I do apologize for my unavailable, but I'm sure you'll understand.

Now to my Stampin' Up! greeting card that features the wonderful leaves of the Autumn Splendor Stamp Set.  This card also features the "Against the Edge" technique with a small amount of Zentangle®.


 Stampin' Up! Supplies:

Stamp Sets:  Autumn SplendorGod's Blessings (the sentiment), and Borderlines
Classic Stampin' Pads (Ink):  Certainly Celery, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, and VersaMark 
Cardstock:  Whisper White, and Cajun Craze 
Designer Series Paper:  Well Worn

Against the Edge Tutorial 

Instead of providing the exact instructions for my card, I am providing instructions for the technique used to produce the card.  Try the technique; it's so cool and it is from http://patstamps.com.

1.  Ink a long word, tall flower, or similar stamp and vertically stamp the image one-third of the way in from the right side of your cardstock that will be the top layer on your card.  (For my card, I used a stamp from the Borderlines stamp set that I inked with VersaMark and embossed the image with gold embossing powder.)
2.  Stamp the image again on a large Post-it® note, assuring that the left side of the image is at the top of the Post-it® note.  This will be used as a mask; therefore the sticky part of the note will be needed.
3.  Trim off the right side of the image on the Post-it® note to create a mask.
4.  Place the mask over the stamped image on the cardstock, aligning the images.  (This is why the sticky part of the note needs to be on the left side.) 
5.  Choose another long stamp, such as a detailed background stamp and stamp the image onto the right side of the cardstock and onto the Post-it® note mask, but not on the left side of the cardstock.  (For my card, I used a leaf stamp from the Autumn Splendor stamp set and the masking technique.)
6.  Remove the mask and finish the card as desired.

For the above card, I used a Zentangle® pattern on the upper-right and lower-left sides of the sentiment.  I am really loving the Zentangle® art!

 Leave a comment about what you think of the "Against the Edge" technique!

God's Blessings!
Guneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in FL
 
 
FIRM RELIANCE ON DIVINE PROVIDENCE!
ENJOY MAKING STAMPIN' UP! GREETING CARDS AND OTHER PAPER CRAFTS!

No comments: