Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Direct to Paper Technique

Did everyone has a good Memorial Day remembering the holiday's real purpose?  I don't know how you feel, but I don't like the commercialization of this holiday. 

I'll not get on my soap box and move on.  I decided for my project share today to try for the first time the "direct to paper" technique where you use a swiping motion with stamp pads or spots to apply ink to card stock.  It really was quite simple.  Again, this was my first try, so don't be too hard on me! (lol)


I used a Getting Started Collection of Classic Stampin' Spots (119979) to apply Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Early Espresso, and Pumpkin Pie inks.  To my knowledge, there are no special tricks to this technique ~ it's a form of art for which you decide how to use. 

I added the expired Sale-A-Bration Everyday Enchantment Organdy Calypso Coral Ribbon at the bottom of the card.  The sentiment, enjoy, is from the Fabulous Phrases Stamp Set (120501) and it was applied to Whisper White card stock with Calypso Coral ink.  I used one of the new Bitty Banners Framelits (129267) to create the sentiment.  And the wonderful stamp set that I hate to see go, Plant Hope (117042) was used for the tree images.  This Thursday, May 31, is the last day to buy this stamp set.  Enjoy!


God's Blessings!
Guneaux Designs

No comments: