Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

PETAL CONE #5 and FUN FLOWERS

Thanks for stopping by!  Your visits are greatly appreciated.

Loving the two new Stampin' Up! Bigz Dies in the Occasions Mini Catalog, I had to make another 3-D item with the Dies -- a door hanger.  The Petal Cone Bigz Die is absolutely so much fun to use as you can make so many items with it.  And the new Fun Flowers Bigz Die is equally as much fun.  I think using the two together creates awesome art! 

I created this door hanger for a workshop hostess, Michelle.  I hope she enjoys it as much as I did creating it.

I created the door hanger with one of my favorite card stock colors, Rose Red.  I also used the beautiful, new Stampin' Up! fabric from the Springtime Vintage collection.  After running the Petal Cone Die, card stock, and fabric through the Big Shot (a must have tool), I used the Anywhere Glue Stick to adhere the fabric to the card stock (the Glue Stick works wonderfully on the fabric).  Next, I adhered one side of the cone together using Sticky Strip.  Before adhering the other side of the cone, I inserted in the bottom of the cone two pieces of Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon, which is new in the Occasions Catalog.

I used the Fun Flowers Bigz Die to cut and create the three flowers made with the Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper and hot-glued them onto Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon-covered bamboo skewers.  The center of the flowers were embellished with the Sale-a-bration Ice Cream Parlor Melon Mambo Buttons that are part of the FREE Ribbon & Button Pack when you purchase $50 in products or host a $300 net-sales workshop.  I also used the Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon to create the handle of the door hanger.

Finally, I used the angel stamp from the Clearly for You stamp set to stamp on two of the scalloped flaps with Whisper White craft ink and White Embossing Powder.

In this post, all Stampin' Up products are listed with a direct link to each product.  Don't waste time searching for item numbers; click on the blue links to go directly to the items.

Enjoy the door hanger!


God's Blessings!
Guneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Florida


FIRM RELIANCE ON DEVINE PROVIDENCE!

No comments: