Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Waffle Paper

While attempting to utilize Stampin' Up! waffle paper, I discovered that it works great for the technique, Iris Folding.  I used an Iris Folding pattern to create the large bat on my card, and filled it in with Basic Black and Metallic Silver waffle paper.  I believe it is quite appropriate to have some bats hanging upside down on the card. (LOL)


I used the fantastic Stampin' Up! Silver Glass Glitter in the center of the Iris Folding, which creates the "iris".  I love this stuff!  Hopefully, you can see it well.


Now, let's peek inside and see what pops up!  Be careful that you don't get scared when you flip the card open!


BOO!!!


Can't you hear the little ghosts giggling because they scared you!! (hehe)

Let's take a closer look that them!


OK, maybe you didn't hear my ghost yelling, "Boo", but I sure did when I was making the card ;-))

I hope you are inspired by the fun that Stampin' Up! provides us if we allow our creativity to flow naturally! 

PROJECT RECIPE:

PAPER:  Stampin' Up! Wicked Fun Specialty Designer Series Paper, Basic Black Cardstock, and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock
STAMP SET:  Grateful Thoughts
INK: Basic Gray (very lightly on the ghosts)
ACCESSORIES:  Iris Folding Pattern, Stampin' Up! Basic Black and Metallic Silver Waffle Paper, Stampin' Up! Silver Glass Glitter, Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Up! Metallic Silver Eyelets, Stampin' Up! Movers & Shakers Bigz xl Die - Modern Label Punch Window, VersaMark, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Glimmer Brads - Basics, My Digital Studio to create the word "Boo",  The Big Shot, and Original Big Shot Dies

God Bless!  Guneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Firm Reliance on Devine Providence!

1 comment:

Carol said...

WOW...your "bat" card is absolutely adorable!!! I recently watched a video on doing the Iris folding..it's a lot of work but sure pays off. Love the hanging bats!