Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Greenhouse Gala DSP and Tote Bag

Last month, Leigh O'Brien, Splitcoaststampers.com, posted a tutorial for a "Totally Totebag".  I had to try it, as I've not made a 3-D object yet.  So here is my modified version of her tote bag and some miniature cards that I made and placed inside the tote.  All items used were those of Stampin' Up!






The tote measures 2 3/4" x 3 3/4", so it's an itty, bitty tote bag.  I used the Jewelry Tag punch to make the "Guneaux Designs" tag that is attached as a "designer label".  (I think it's cute!)  I also used the Two-Step Bird punch to enhance my 8-layer flower.  (My friend, Lin, taught me this technique.) The flower is spritzed liberally with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.  The Certainly Celery button from the Sutbles Collection adds to the beautiful flower on the Stampin' Up! Greenhouse Gala DSP.




Using the Petal Card punch, I added two pockets to the back of the bag.  (I must say, I'm falling in love with the Petal Card punch.)  On the sides of the tote is the Pear Pizzazz Stitched Poly ribbon. The same ribbon was used for the tote's handles.  (That ribbon is so easy to manipulate...it's great!) 
 

















I made 6 miniature cards to place inside my tote bag. 

The miniature cards measure 2 1/4" x 3 1/4". Here are pictures of them.























I intentionally scorched the embossed flowers as I like the look. What do you think?


































The flowers on this mini card were scorched intentionally also.  I think the process gives the flowers a Fall look.  Once again, I used the Petal Card punch to create a pocket to hold the flowers. 

This project was fun, although time-consuming.  However, I love anything that is Stampin' Up! so it's well worth the time and effort.  Wouldn't you agree?

Any comments are appreciated!

God Bless!  Guneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Firm Reliance on Divine Providence!

No comments: