Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Stampin' Up! Faberge-Styled Easter Egg

Hello, my friends!  First I want to share why I have been absent from my blog for several days.  I have been out of town taking care of my brother, Bill, who was in a grave health situation.  With powerful prayers and the grace of God, a miracle occurred with him and I praise God for His healing blessings.  My brother has a long journey to a complete recovery, so if you have an inclination to pray for him, your prayers would be greatly appreciated.  I plan to get back to daily postings. 

For today, I am sharing a cute Easter egg that I made with a 6" x 4" egg-shaped piece of styrofoam. 

I cut an opening in the front of the styrofoam and then removed most of the inside.  I used a craft paint to paint the inside pink and the outside yellow.  I placed some carefully-cut Lucky Limeade cardstock just inside the opening for grass.  I stamped two flowers and glued them on small pieces of floral wire and placed them inside behind the grass.  At the back of the inside I placed the primary element of the egg - the cute bunny.  To decorate the opening of the egg, I glued on some retired Stampin' Up! ribbon.


This picture is a side view of the Easter egg.


This is the key element of the Easter egg, the bunny.  To give the bunny an extra "punch", I glued Stampin' Up!'s retired Mica Flakes onto its body.

Enjoy!!

No comments: