Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stampin' Up! Daisies Flower #2 Bigz Die

While working in my flower garden yesterday, I was inspired by one of my floral plants.  While taking a picture of the flower on the plant, I thought, "That would be a good flower to replicate on a card!".  Thus, I tried, and this card is the result.  I'm not sure of the name of the flower (at bottom of post), but it is so pretty (tell me what it is if you know).  I thought the Stampin' Up! Daisies Flower #2 Bigz Die would work beautifully to make the flower, so I used it. 

The flower on this card has as its center a Designer Button - Brights Collection which is topped with a Fire Circle Rhinestone Brad.  I used colored pencils to color the flower petals. 

The sentiment on the card is from the You're a Gem Stamp Set, which unfortunately is retiring on May 31.  (If you do not have this stamp set but want it, now is the time to get it before it retires.)  The top portion of the card is embellished with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions embossing folder.  The bottom portion is a scrap piece of designer series paper that I grabbed from my scrap folder (sorry, not sure of the paper)

Other embellishments are Daffodil Delight 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Rich Razzleberry Taffeta Ribbon, and a trinket heart.

(Click on the links to be taken directly to the on-line products.)

Here's a picture of the flower that I tried to replicate.  How did I do?  I think I could have done better, but time got away from me and I had to stop working on it. Hope you enjoyed the card!



This is a side-by-side view: 











BUY STAMPIN' UP PRODUCTS HERE!

Have a blessed day!

No comments: