Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stampin' Up! Day of Gratitude

This week I will think about the many things for which I am grateful.  As I was deciding what Stampin' Up! (SU) card to make for today, I thought how grateful I am for the SU My Digital Studio (MDS) that allows me to create cards and scrapbook pages with retired stamps, embellishments, and Designer Series Papers (DSP).    

I loved last year's Autumn Spice DSP that was in the Holiday Mini Catalog.  I knew I had the  Autumn Spice Digital Kit that would allow me to create a card with some of the DSP.  Therefore, I used the digital DSP to create the first layer on this Old Olive card base.

Although I have in the Autumn Spice Digital Kit that includes the sentiment that I used, I also have the stamp set.  For the sentiment, I chose to use the stamp within the Day of Gratitude stamp set.  


I made the Cajun Craze mat behind the sentiment with a tag from the Lots of Tags Sizzlits Die Set and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The leaves, which are also embossed, are from the Leaves #2 Original Die (love this die).  Can you see the heart that I formed with the stems of the two leaves?  I thought that would be cool for a "Gratitude" card.  The center of the heart is embellished with a Basic Rhinestone.  Lastly, the ribbon across the front of the card is Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon which is no longer available.

You can purchase the products used for this project by clicking on the links above or my SU store link below.

For those of you in the US, I hope you are thinking about the things for which you are grateful this week! 

God's Blessings!
Guneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in FL 


No comments: