Pages

Friday, July 20, 2018

Birthday Card Made With Penny Black Dainty Whispers


Hello, and thanks for stopping by Guneaux Designs!  It has been a long time since I last posted to my blog as I have been posting to my website, Stamping With Guneaux Designs.  Today, I decided to post to my blog to determine which site gets more viewers.  To that end, I am sharing a Birthday Card Made With Penny Black Dainty Whispers stamp.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word of the Day

James 1:2-4
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------





I began making the card by blending multiple Ranger Oxide Inks onto a piece of white cardstock using Tim Holtz Distress Blending Brushes.  I repeated this on a second piece of white cardstock.  Once happy with the results, I covered the Penny Black Dainty Whispers stamp, which is a dandelion, with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and stamped it twice onto the first piece of cardstock.  I filled in the dandelion seed heads with black ink using Micron black pens.



Next, I added additional oxide inks using stencils.  I stamped on some script (at the top) and designs (on bottom and sides) onto the panel.  Using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, I covered and stamped butterflies from the Stampin' Up! Papillon Potpourri stamp set.  I also stamped the butterflies onto the second piece of colored cardstock and fussy cut them.  Before adding the fussy cut butterflies to the panel over the stamped butterflies, I spritzed black ink and white acrylic ink onto the panel.

Then I blended the Tim Holtz Distress Glaze over the panel, which sealed the oxide inks.  To finish the card, I added the fussy cut butterflies, sequins, and sentiment to the panel.  I matted the panel onto a piece of black cardstock and added that to a white card base.  You can see better the dimension of the butterflies in the below photo.



I hope you enjoyed the card and find it inspiring.  If you care to leave a comment, I thank you immensely!  Have a wonderful day!

SUPPLIES

Stamps:  Penny Black Dainty Whispers, SU Papillon Potpourri, SU Looks Like Spring, SU French Script, SU Bring On The Cake

Paper: Neenah Solar White and SU Black Cardstock

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black Ink, Ranger Distress Oxide Inks, VersaMark Ink, SU Basic Black Marker

Accessories:  Stencils; Micron Ink Pen; White Embossing Powder; Sequins; Scissors; SU Spritzer, White Acrylic Paint; Toothbrush; Tim Holtz White Shimmer Spray, Distress Blending Brushes, Blending Tool, and Distress Micro Glaze; Scotch Mounting Tape; Be Creative Tape; and Dries Clear Adhesive

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND LEAVING A COMMENT!  I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!


Butterfly_1_1

God's Blessings!
Gunneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Firm Reliance on Divine Providence!

Birthday Card Made With Penny Black Dainty Whispers

1 comment:

Dandi93 said...

Love your use of color in your background, it is so pretty with the silhouettes