Pages

Friday, July 27, 2018

Heated Pearls Technique Using Pearl Ex Pigments

Remember when the Heated Pearls Technique Using Pearl Ex Pigments was the trend?  I remember the first time I used the technique.  I was temporarily living in the Washington, D.C. area working on a contract for the Federal Government.  I was thinking about becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and was experimenting with techniques.  A demonstrator asked me to help her prepare cards that showcased various techniques for a card swap she was hosting.  I agreed to help and was asked to use the Heated Pearls Technique.  I enjoyed the technique but it can be messy; therefore, I rarely used it.

However, an opportunity to use the technique presented itself when I was serving as a “Dirty Girl” on Splitcoaststampers.  The “Dirty Dozen” theme for the month of April was titled “Perfect Blend”.  When the challenge was posted, I immediately thought of the Heated Pearls Technique using Pearl Ex Pigments.  Therefore, I used the technique in response to the “Perfect Blend” challenge.  This is the card I submitted but could not post it until now.




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 John 3:21-24
“Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.  And this is his command:  to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.  Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.  And this is how we know that he lives in us:  We know it by the Spirit he gave us.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





To create the card, I sponged black ink onto a scrap piece of glossy cardstock.  After it dried, I covered the cardstock generously with Elmer’s glue and used a brayer to roll it across the cardstock to get an even application.  Immediately afterward, I used a wide brush to dip into four Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments, one at a time, and tapped the powder off the brush onto the glue.
After the application of the powdered pigments, I used a stipple brush to repeatedly touch softly the powders and glue to create shades of color and create a “perfect blend”.  I then applied a heat gun to heat the glue and create bubbles.  I left the panel to completely dry overnight.
After drying, I thought it made a great celestial background.  Therefore, I used the celestial Hero Arts MMH for August 2017 to die cut images from black cardstock.  I embossed the images with either black, gold, clear or white embossing powder and assembled the card.

This photo is of the card’s inside.

I HOPE YOU ARE INSPIRED TO TRY THE TECHNIQUE.  I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO LEAVE ME A COMMENT ABOUT MY CARD.  COME BACK SOON!


Supplies

Paper:  Scrap Glossy Cardstock, Hero Arts Black Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock (inside of card)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark Ink
Accessories:  Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments, Brayer, Elmer’s Glue, Heat Gun, Hero Arts MMH Dies, Scissors, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Be Creative Adhesive, Embossing Powder, Stipple Brush, Wide Brush

Butterfly_1_1

God’s Blessings!
Stamping With Guneaux Designs By Beverly Polen
Firm Reliance on Divine Providence!

Heated Pearls Technique Using Pearl Ex Pigments

2 comments:

Nstiz said...

Wow! Never heard of this technique but you did inspire me to look it up. What an amazing background and composition. Love all the texture!

Dandi93 said...

Gorgeous background, definitely a new technique to me as well. Cute card Bev