Pages

Monday, July 23, 2018

Blended Glass Bead Gel and Ink

Hello and thanks for stopping by Guneaux Designs.  Today, I have a card for you that features stenciling, blending glass bead gel and ink, and sponging. The glass bead gel gives a raised effect on the card with tiny glass beads that sparkle.  Hopefully, you can see the sparkle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WORD FOR THE DAY
John 20:27-29 (Jesus Appears to Thomas After His Resurrection)

"Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here; see my hands.  Reach out your hand and put it into my side.  Stop doubting and believe.'  Thomas said to him, 'My Lord and my God!'  Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.' "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






To make the card, I placed a Hero Arts "Every Which Way" stencil over a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock and used a crafting palette knife to spread a layer of the glass bead gel over the stencil.  Before that dried, I separately Iaid some Wilted Violet Distress Oxide and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide inks onto a craft mat and blended each ink with some glass bead gel.  I spread the colored gel over the stencil with the wilted violet at the top, cracked pistachio at the bottom, and a mix in the center.  I removed the stencil and allowed the cardstock to dry.


Then I sponged the same two inks onto a piece of cardstock and used it to die cut flowers and leaves.  I spritzed them with Hero Arts White Iridescent Shimmer.  I die cut the "hugs" sentiment several times with a die from the Hero Arts April 2018 MMK.  I glued them together for dimension.
After the glass bead gel panel dried, I added the flowers and sentiment to it and attached that to a piece of black cardstock.  I finished the card by adding this panel to a white card base and added some Nuvo Crystal Drops.

I hope you find inspiration from my card.  If you care to leave a comment about the card, I will be greatly appreciative.  Again, thanks for stopping by Guneaux Designs to see my Blended Glass Bead Gel and Ink card.


Supplies

Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Black Cardstock
Ink:  Wilted Violet Distress Oxide and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide
Accessories:  Hero Arts Every Which Way Stencil, Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Palette  Knife, SU Botanical Builder Framelits Dies, Hero Arts April MMK Die, Nuvo Crystal Drops, Hero Arts White Iridescent Shimmer, Blending Tool, Dries Clear Glue

Butterfly_1_1

God’s Blessings!
Stamping With Guneaux Designs By Beverly Polen
Firm Reliance on Divine Providence!

Blended Glass Bead Gel and Ink

1 comment:

Dandi93 said...

Another cool technique for your background... Love the color and the sparkle.