Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Stampin' Up! Greeting Card - Thanks - Beyond the Garden - Top Note

Today I decided to make a "Thanks" greeting card using the  Stampin' Up! Top Note Bigz Die and the Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP).   I used  Stampin Up So Saffron Card Stock and folded it for a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card.  When placing the folded card stock onto the Top Note Die for running it through the Big Shot machine, I assured the fold was just inside the cut line on the top of  the Top Note Die to produce two holes at the top of the card (see below).  The resulting card size is 4-5/8" x 3-1/4".


To decorate the card, I cut two Top Notes from a piece of one of the designs from the Beyond the Garden DSP.  I cut along the perforated lines on both pieces, saving the inside of one piece (yellow, pink, green, and white) for the first card layer and the outside of the other (blue and white) for the outside of the card. 

To create the blue butterflies on the card front that match the outer edge of the card, I  used the Embosslits Beautiful Wings. I cut out a flower to match the center flower and layered it on top.  I made the "Thanks" banner with My Digital Studio.  I then inserted into the two holes at the top of the card a piece of Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon.  



For the inside of the card, I stamped a matching Pacific Point flower from the Fabulous Florets onto Whisper White card stock.


I think my card turned out beautifully; what do you think? 

Purchase the products used for this card by placing your cursor over the product name and left click. You'll be taken directly to the Stampin' Up! item for purchase.

God's Blessings!
Guneaux Designs by Beverly Polen
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Florida


FIRM RELIANCE ON DIVINE PROVIDENCE!

Enjoy making greeting cards with Stampin' Up! products!


8 comments:

Eve Berube said...

Beautiful card, thanks!

Christina Harris said...

This is a beautiful card! We are playing with the Big Shot today to make some soldier cards and now have added this to the list to make! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!

Gwen Mangelson said...

OH! I love this card!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Thanks very much, Eve, Christina, and Gwen!! Your comments are greatly appreciated! Bev

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Absolutely stunning Beverly!!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Thank you, Connie!!!

Jayne Stenstrom said...

This is such a pretty card! I saw it on the LNS group and went hunting for your blog from there. I really like all of your creations because I've searched for you before and bookmarked a lot of your projects! Thanks for sharing!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Thanks, Jayne, for your kind words!! They mean a lot to me.